Permanent Residence Information

General Information

  • Effective July 16, 2007, all costs associated with labor certification applications filed on behalf of employees must be paid in full by the hiring department/unit on behalf of the University.
  • To ensure that we follow required procedures, employees desiring University assistance in the labor certification process must contact the appropriate HRM Generalist, prior to initiating a petition for permanent residence.  At that time, employees will be given specific information concerning the process.

Process maps regarding employment of a foreign national are available as follows: