Educational Assistance/Tuition Remission
Mississippi State University offers tuition remission benefits to all benefits eligible employees and eligible retirees and their dependents. Detailed information regarding this benefit can be found by clicking the appropriate link.
Instructions for Submitting a Tuition Remission Request
Effective immediately, tuition remission forms for employees and children of faculty /staff should be processed electronically via eForms. You will notice few changes in content, because these new eForms contain the same information currently associated with the paper forms. To process a tuition remission request:
- Go to the MyState portal at https://my.msstate.edu/cp/home/displaylogin
- Log in to your MyState portal account and click on the eForms link at the top-right section of the page
- Choose the applicable remission form
- Complete the form as applicable
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR ROUTING THE EMPLOYEE TUITION REMISSION FORM (PDF)
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR ROUTING THE CHILD OF FACULTY/STAFF TUITION REMISSION FORM (PDF)
TAXABILITY OF TUITION REMISSION:
The Internal Revenue Service directs the federal income treatment of tuition remission provided by educational institutions. Please read the Internal Revenue Code Section 127 Plan Document for more information on how the IRS rules affect tax treatment of tuition remission.
ACCESS TO PAPER FORMS
If you need access to a paper form, please contact the Accounts Receivable/Collections Office at 662.325.6619. They will be able to assist with this request.
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT
If you have any questions about how to complete or process the new tuition remission eForms, please contact the Accounts Receivable/Collections Office in Garner Hall at 662.325.6619.